I love the jet-setter lifestyle!
Last weekend Kyle and I were itching to go somewhere. School is starting to get stressful (so I was ready to get away for a few days to relax) and we love to take the time he gets off to go do something memorable…he made it a surprise.
Well…a surprise up until the day before we left because obviously, I needed to know what to pack. (I am also super persistent)
To begin- Paris was a dream come true.
Landing early morning on Friday we made the spur of the moment decision to rent a car and threw our bags into the car and headed to the Eiffel Tower.
As expected we were a little jet-lagged and full of excitement.
The FOOD was a dream
The first night we walk to this local hangout spot for dinner. We were unable to read the menu so we told the server what we were in the mood for. Let me tell you the server for sure pleased our hunger.
Kyle and I enjoy finding a local hole in the wall everywhere we go. For breakfast we ate at a local favorite bakery named “Coquelicot” we both shared a traditional French breakfast with great coffee and lots, and lots of bread.
Paris is a place with so many places to be and lots to see! We visited Napoleon’s tomb which was beautiful the inside of the church was astonishing. We went to the Louvre Museum where we saw the Mona Lisa. My personal favorite was the Eiffel Tower- as a child, I have always dreamed of the day I got to visit. Finally being able to see it in person made it almost unreal. We walked by the Arc De Triumphe many times, but we never got near it mainly because we couldn’t figure out how to get to it without being run over by a driver.
- Pack light Kyle and I always make sure that we travel only by carry on. When arriving in Paris be prepared to have to carry your luggage to your vacation stay. Too much to carry would have been a bummer.
- Before you depart make sure to read up on your French history- something I know Kyle and I wished we would have done.
- Be mindful that you are no longer in your home country. 🙂
- The temperature is now dropping in Europe pack warm!!
- BRING UNIVERSAL WALL ADAPTERS FOR THE ELECTRICAL OUTLETS – we forgot about this and had to charge our phones in the car we rented…oops!!
Overall, Paris was a dream. It was so much fun I feel like it was not real. Paris is a perfect weekend trip we were able to do in three days. I wish I was sipping tea and eating macarons now.
Until next time Paris, Ciao
P.S. Shop my looks on Instagram…I tagged the stores you can find my items at. Download the LikeToKnowIt App to shop directly from your screenshots.